Technical Leader Solutions
San Jose, CA
What You’ll Do
Cisco’s Corporate Strategy Office (CSO) is on the cutting-edge of innovation, fostering and capturing new opportunities at a lightning pace. The office is all about pioneering the future to lead market transitions, increase shareholder value, and help our customers succeed.
Who You’ll Work With
Cisco’s Corporate Strategic Innovation Group (CSIG), part of CSO, is a high-energy, motivated team that shares a passion for all-things innovation. This includes our Innovation Centers, which are located around the world, where disruptive talent comes together to explore, discover and develop groundbreaking solutions to solve customers’ toughest challenges. CSIG is responsible for the exploration of emerging technologies, which includes Blockchain, drones, cognitive computing, AR / VR and other areas of interest. You will join an internal startup team within CSIG, developing an Enterprise Blockchain solution. We work through the whole software development lifecycle with a lightweight Agile approach. We use the latest tools and processes to ease our lives as developers with a strong focus in software quality.
Who You Are
Role & Responsibilities
We are looking for a passionate and hands-on software developer and analytics expert to join us on the sprint that takes us from prototype to MVP. You will be an integral part of the team, joining us at the earliest stage of the journey. What
- Lead the development of analytics components of the solution
- Design and develop a cutting edge Enterprise Blockchain platform as part of an internal start-up team.
- Research technical approaches and drive decisions on platform architecture
- Responsible for analysis, design and implementation of core Enterprise Blockchain software
- Develop beautiful, maintainable code, with test driven CI/CD development
- Work in an agile environment, drive architecture and design reviews and ensure secure software development
- Design and optimize systems for scalability and high availability
- Build an extensible and modular system that can be adapted to meet a wide range of requirements
Our Minimum Requirements for this Role are::
This role requires a significantly experienced, confident and hands-on candidate with relevant full life cycle software development capabilities, including:
- Strong expertise in threat analytics, anomaly detection, and performance management
- Big Data experience (NoSQL, Hadoop) and streaming analytics
- Solid expertise in system and software architecture delivering scalable Enterprise software
- Experience with distributed systems and protocol design ? Experience with RDBMS, NoSQL or distributed databases ? Expertise in cloud native, micro-services based system software development
- Must have broad and deep technical knowledge and passion for learning new technologies rapidly and independently. Should have broad technical foundation and be able to understand network, operating system, database and application development design
- Strong understanding of Algorithms and Data Structures ? Understanding of the cryptographic principles underpinning of Blockchain technologies
- Understanding of secure software development practices ? Strong programming experience in GO, Node, Python, Java or C++
- Good knowledge of best practices for web-scale infrastructure
- Good knowledge of container solutions
- Experience working with cloud solutions
- Bonus: Experience working with, or knowledge of, the bitcoin protocol, and blockchain solutions
- Bonus: Smart contract development experience ? Opensource advocacy and participation
- An MS degree in Computer Science / Mathematics or equivalent work experience in a field utilizing the same subject matter
- Ability to think and operate as a team player
- Extremely strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to assess and clearly communicate business value and technical and project risk
- Able to learn complex technologies quickly, work in a fast-paced, team-driven environment
- Must be able to multi-task, manage details and keep sight of overall objectives
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Bring your unique self to Cisco, where you’ll join with the best people to help Cisco change the way the world lives, plays, works and…
609 total views, 1 today