What You’ll Do
Cisco’s Corporate Strategy Office (CSO) is on the cutting-edge of innovation, fostering and capturing new opportunities at a lightning pace. The office is all about pioneering the future to lead market transitions, increase shareholder value, and help our customers succeed.
Who You’ll Work With
Cisco’s Corporate Strategic Innovation Group (CSIG), part of CSO, is a high-energy, motivated team that shares a passion for all-things innovation. This includes our Innovation Centers, which are located around the world, where disruptive talent comes together to explore, discover and develop groundbreaking solutions to solve customers’ toughest challenges. CSIG is responsible for the exploration of emerging technologies, which includes Blockchain, drones, cognitive computing, AR / VR and other areas of interest. You will join an internal startup team within CSIG, developing an Enterprise Blockchain solution. We work through the whole software development lifecycle with a lightweight Agile approach. We use the latest tools and processes to ease our lives as developers with a strong focus in software quality.
Who You Are
Role & Responsibilities
Cisco is looking for a Full Stack Developer to join our development team. The team is developing enterprise blockchain applications that drive distributed applications and deliver business process automation in low-trust networks. This position provides the opportunity to apply your knowledge of various front end stacks to contribute to architecting and building applications on top decentralized backend. Be part of a cutting-edge development team and learn how to build solutions on what is probably the most disruptive technology in decades.
If you want to join a new generation of distributed application specialists this is an excellent opportunity to be an innovator and disruptor. Interest in smart contracts, e.g. Hyperledger/Chaincode, Ethereum/Solidity, and blockchain technology is considered advantageous and this position will offer the chance to work in this area as well, if desired.
- Applicants must demonstrate thorough knowledge of JS frontend development (any of Angular, React, Meteor)
- Applicants must demonstrate thorough knowledge of JS server-side development (Node.js)
- Applicants must demonstrate a capacity to build modular, fully tested applications
- Applicants must have a willingness to learn about the applications of smart contract technology
- Applicants must demonstrate a track record of open source contributions
- Applicants must demonstrate a track record of UX design
- Applicants must demonstrate a modicum of understanding of how modern industrial level modular ERP, CRM, and other systems operate within the largest companies on earth
Our Minimum Requirements for this Role are:
- A degree in Computer Science / Mathematics or equivalent work experience in a field utilizing the same subject matter
- Experience developing distributed systems is a plus ? Have practical experience developing on Blockchain platforms such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, etc.
- Extensive experience working with cryptographic protocols ? Prior peer technology work for the Bitcoin network (not required, but a plus)
Our Desired Skills are:
- Ability to think and operate as a team player
- Extremely strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to assess and clearly communicate business value and technical and project risk
- Able to learn complex technologies quickly, work in a fast-paced, team-driven environment
- Must be able to multi-task, manage details and keep sight of overall objectives
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Bring your unique self to Cisco, where you’ll join with the best people to help Cisco change the way the world lives, plays, works and…
704 total views, 1 today