What You’ll Do
Strategy Office (CSO) is on the cutting-edge of innovation, fostering and
capturing new opportunities at a lightning pace. The office is all about
pioneering the future to lead market transitions, increase shareholder value,
and help our customers succeed.
Who You’ll Work With
Strategic innovation Group (CSIG), part of CSO, is a high-energy, motivated
team that shares a passion for all-things innovation. This includes our
Innovation Centers, which are located around the world. At the centers
disruptive talent comes together to explore, discover and develop
groundbreaking solutions to solve customers’ toughest challenges. The centers
are fast-paced, high-energy hotspots, where the spirit of entrepreneurship is
alive and well—in fact, thriving.
is responsible for the exploration of emerging technologies, which includes
Drones, Blockchain, cognitive computing, AR / VR and other areas of interest.
We work through the whole software development lifecycle with a lightweight
Agile approach. We use the latest tools and processes to ease our lives as
developers with a strong focus in software quality. We are working in a calm
and relaxed environment in San Jose, Cisco HQ, with an open dress code and you
will be working alongside some of the smartest people in the industry
Who You Are
Role & Responsibilities
We are looking
for a leader who is a team player with a strong Data Analytics and Blockchain
background, experience with continuous integration and agile delivery, and a
passion for creating elegant products leveraging our tens of petabyte data and
solutions to complex problems. Significant interaction with our global talent
will be required. Effective communication at all levels internally and
with clients will be necessary. This is a strategic position that will require
some hands-on work as well given the start-up nature of this new
- You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a
big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality.
- You must enjoy spending time with clients to understand their problems, and
find innovative solutions for our clients and the broader market.
- You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company.
- You will be Identifying and assessing opportunities – interface directly
with senior members of the business units
- You will be assisting in evaluating and/or developing world-class leading
technology tools and infrastructure stacks as needed
- You will be developing business plans of product/service offerings
including market analysis, financial models, etc. for opportunity and client
- You will be performing deep dives on customer needs, identify, lead and
execute opportunities for monetization
- You will be working with an engineering counterpart to define product
- You will working with marketing communications to define the go-to-market
strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and
- You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist the new product
offerings, and at times work with the sales channel and key customers.
- You will be coordinating with business-unit financial product experts to
understand how their financial services products could be optimized by
Blockchain technology, and how Blockchain technology could offer new product
and services opportunities.
- You will also lead product design of Proofs of Concepts, Pilots and
Production Blockchain applications in partnership with development teams and business
- You will be analyzing potential partner relationships for the product and
develop and report on product measurement and metrics
- You will be developing product proposals with clear functionality, customer
value, time to market, and development requirements.
- You will be defining conceptual future state adoption scenarios, including
business and technology implications, challenges and opportunities
Our Minimum Requirement for this Role are:
- Computer Science or Engineering Degree (B.S or M.S)
from a major university is required (Masters preferred)
- MBA would
be a great asset
- 10 years’
experience with modern business analytics in a big data context
- 4+ years’
experience creating, operating, and improving projects using toolsets to
enable data discovery and mining operations
years’ experience working with development teams in Agile context
- Experience with, and passion for Blockchain required
including deep knowledge of Bitcoin, Ethereum, permissioned and permissionless
- Experience in product management, business planning,
technology, or software development
Management Experience including successful monetization and all aspects of
the lifecycle of launching new products
with a significant subset of the following technologies:
Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, MongoDB, Cassandra, Platfora, Machine Learning, and
common analytical and graphical packages and tools
summary and project proposal experience at senior and executive management
Financial Service experience a plus
in a start-up company a plus
Our Desired Skills are:
- Ability to think and operate as a
- Extremely strong interpersonal
and communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to assess
and clearly communicate business value and technical and project risk
- Able to learn complex business
operations quickly, work in a fast-paced, team-driven environment
- Must be able to multi-task,
manage details and keep sight of overall objectives
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Bring your unique self to Cisco, where you’ll join with the best people to help Cisco change the way the world lives, plays, works and…
507 total views, 1 today