Remote Experienced QA Lead for StartUp – Long Term Job – Remote
We developed Agama, a JS/React based GUI/client and a server application (Win, Mac, Linux). For this and other applications we’re working on we need an experienced QA lead. The workload will be full time in the first weeks, less once more tests have been automated, more when new products are released.
You have to
– be self-motivated
– be able to lead a team & select additional staff members (currently we have 1GUI tester)
– automate testing (RPC testing partially automated already)
– be experienced & versatile
– be able to reproduce errors based on bug reports
– create testing concepts (What, How, By whom, When, …)
Good to have:
– experience with FinTech
Test lead/manager: A test lead is responsible for:
– Defining the testing activities for subordinates – testers or test engineers.
– All responsibilities of test planning.
– To check if the team has all the necessary resources to execute the testing activities.
– To check if testing is going hand in hand with the software development in all phases.
– Prepare the status report of testing activities.
– Updating project manager regularly about the progress of testing activities.
What is a good QA lead?
– Communication skills – Able to communicate frankly and respectfully verbally and in writing.
– Calm and clear headed under pressure – QA is the center of attention right before a big release, doubly so if its not going well. Appearing confident and retaining good judgement will allow a QA Lead to actually lead.
– Outspoken – He/she should not be afraid to say what is unpopular (but able to do so in a constructive way).
– Thinks in terms of the business – He/she must be capable of making tradeoffs between quality and business objectives and communicate his/her thinking between the two.
– Deals with ambiguity well – A lead will often not receive clear direction but still be capable of taking on a project to the satisfaction of engineering management.
– Proactive – A good lead will proactively identify problems and deal with them with little or no guidance.
– Technical – A lead should be able to describe a plausable architecture of a product they have no personal knowledge of. He/she should also have a solid handle on all the tools & technologies the QA team uses.
– Abstract thinking – A lead should be able to look at a design spec and form a solid test strategy.
Payable in:: Bitcoin (BTC)
How to Applyjobs@supernet.org
538 total views, 1 today