Compliance and Regulatory Affairs Leader
Kik Interactive, Inc.
New York, NY
At Kik, we’re launching a cryptocurrency, Kin, on the Ethereum blockchain that will create an open ecosystem of digital services, that prioritizes consumer experience and choice. To help us launch Kin we’re looking for an innovative Compliance leader with experience driving policy, and leveraging new technologies to enable growth, responsibly yet pragmatically. You have experience building innovative and scalable compliance systems and processes that can help harness the transactional power of Kin. If you are a passionate leader who believes in the disruptive impact of cryptocurrencies, digital assets, and the blockchain, come chat with us!
- Build a best-in-class compliance framework and work closely with governments, regulators, and financial institutions
- Integrate best practices to enhance the overall Kin consumer experience
- Manage audits and investigations into regulatory compliance issues
- Manage and respond to requests for information from regulatory bodies and engage regulatory officials and lawmakers on Kin policy
- Anticipate and prepare for future regulatory changes
- Work closely with our partnership teams to help educate brands on understanding digital money, emerging payment systems, and accepting electronic money
What we expect:
- You’ve had experience in traditional compliance & regulatory situations (AML, KYC, etc.) but you’ve got a passion to apply this experience to the cryptocurrency world
- Previous involvement in implementing creative and effective solutions to meet business objectives in blockchain technologies or the capacity and passion to learn about this space
- Proven experience successfully running the day to day operations of a digital currency, managing the reporting and regulatory relationships
- A strong commitment for building the infrastructure needed for long term success
- Past experience advising cryptocurrency startups on jurisdictions, corporate structure, regulation and compliance
- Ideally but not essential, you have a legal background with some experience launching a digital currency in a compliance and/or regulatory affairs capacity
Our mission is to connect the world through chat. We are doing that by building an ecosystem of services around Kik chat, so users can connect with people, businesses, and the world around them.
With millions of registered users, Kik allows you to chat with friends and connect with chat-based services. Since our company’s founding in 2009, we have raised US$120.5 million from investors including Union Square Ventures, SV Angel, Valiant Capital Partners, and Spark Capital. In August 2015, Tencent – China’s largest internet company and the maker of WeChat – invested US$50 million in Kik, valuing the company at US$1 billion.
Our headquarters are in Waterloo, Ontario, close to the University of Waterloo, where Kik’s founders were students. We also have offices in Toronto, New York, and Tel Aviv.
372 total views, 1 today