What You’ll Do
Cisco’s Corporate Strategy Office (CSO) is on the cutting-edge of innovation, fostering and capturing new opportunities at a lightning pace. The office is all about pioneering the future to lead market transitions, increase shareholder value, and help our customers succeed.
Who You’ll Work With
Cisco’s Corporate Strategic innovation Group (CSIG), part of CSO, is a high-energy, motivated team that shares a passion for all-things innovation. This includes our Innovation Centers, which are located around the world. At the centers disruptive talent comes together to explore, discover and develop groundbreaking solutions to solve customers’ toughest challenges. The centers are fast-paced, high-energy hotspots, where the spirit of entrepreneurship is alive and well—in fact, thriving. CSIG is responsible for the exploration of emerging technologies, which includes Drones, Blockchain, cognitive computing, AR / VR and other areas of interest. We work through the whole software development lifecycle with a lightweight Agile approach. We use the latest tools and processes to ease our lives as developers with a strong focus in software quality. We are working in a calm and relaxed environment in San Jose, Cisco HQ, with an open dress code and you will be working alongside some of the smartest people in the industry
Who You Are
Role & Responsibilities
CSIG is looking for a Business Development Manager to join our team.
The team is developing enterprise blockchain applications that drive distributed applications and deliver business process automation in low-trust networks. This position provides the opportunity to apply your knowledge of various front end stacks to contribute to architecting and building applications on top decentralized backend. Be part of a cutting edge development team and learn how to build solutions on what is probably the most disruptive technology in decades.
If you want to join a new generation of decentralized application specialists this is an excellent opportunity to be an innovator and disruptor. Interest in smart contracts, e.g. HyperLeder/Chaincode, Ethereum/Solidity, and blockchain technology adoption on Wall Street and elsewhere is considered advantageous and this position will offer the chance to work in this area as well.
In essence, you will be responsible for developing new business structures, market structures, and ecosystems for end to end enterprise blockchain solutions spanning from workflows, applications through to infrastructure.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Monitor, research and evaluate emerging Blockchain business models.
- Research clients’ current and future needs that may be satisfied by Blockchain.
- Conduct Blockchain impact analysis on current business models.
- Organize and host ideation workshops to generate and triage incubation opportunities.
- Define product and service value propositions, business models, business cases, business plans and conduct competitive analysis.
- Contribute to overall Blockchain strategy definition. ? Participate in Blockchain consortiums and industry events. ? Educate and contribute Blockchain business expertise to franchise network.
- Develop Blockchain business characteristics, patterns and reference business models.
- Work together with, and develop, ecosystem teams and clients as lead during incubation and as support during acceleration phases of proof-of-concept and prototype projects.
Minimum Requirements for this Role are:
- Business analysis, requirements management, project management and product management skills.
- High level understanding of technology in general and Blockchain specifically.
- Experience of working on technology lead business transformation projects within financial services.
- Extensive Wall St, and capital markets experience is a must. 12+ years work history in FSI
- Having experience as a FSI customer will be highly preferred
- Versed in agile methodologies and tools
- Enthusiasm for working in a space full of unknown unknowns, pivoting as needed, and being comfortable with not knowing the end state
- Teamwork, flexibility, initiative, networking, communication and organization competencies
- Passion for emerging business & technology models.
- Ability to think and operate as a team player
- Extremely strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to assess and clearly communicate business value and technical and project risk
- Able to learn complex technologies quickly, work in a fast-paced, team-driven environment
- Must be able to multi-task, manage details and keep sight of overall objectives
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Bring your unique self to Cisco, where you’ll join with the best people to help Cisco change the way the world lives, plays, works and…
578 total views, 1 today